- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time or part-time undergraduate student at the College of Arts and Humanities with a 3.0 overall grade point average admitted to the Summer Study Abroad in Italy.
- Preference will be given to students who have declared a minor in Italian.
- Preference will be given to students completing their junior year, followed by students completing their sophomore year.
Students will be required to submit the following in order to be considered for this scholarship:
- A one (1) page essay describing why they would like to study in Italy and how this experience will enhance their academic pursuits
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one from a current faculty member and one from a member of the community)
The criteria for awarding the scholarship will be consistent with the guidelines established by the University Office of Student Financial Assistance.
How to Apply
- Visit Study Abroad Scholarships to view the scholarships available to students participating in the Study Abroad Program.
- Read the criteria carefully to determine if you meet the qualifications. If you do not meet the requirements, you will be eliminated from consideration.
- Fill out the scholarship application form (below).
- Attach all required documents. If you do not attach all required supporting documents, you will be eliminated from consideration.
- Make a copy of your application and attached documents for your files. The application and documents will not be returned.
To be announced.
A completed copy of the current year’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid is not a requirement for many scholarships, but it is highly recommended that you complete a FAFSA application annually, or you may be disqualified from consideration. Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to fill out the application.
If you are selected as the recipient of a scholarship, you will be notified by email. The money will be applied to your summer A semester expenses.
Awards and scholarships are considered a “resource” and must be included in your financial aid budget. If you are awarded a scholarship that exceeds your financial aid cost, a reduction or payment of financial aid may occur.
Make sure that you have carefully read and met the necessary requirements before submitting your application. If you do not provide all the required supporting materials or do not meet the necessary requirements, you will be eliminated from consideration.
Chiara Mazzucchelli: Chiara.email@example.com