German is spoken by approximately 121 million people and is the second-most common native language in Europe.
Why study German?
- Learning German enables students to easily travel in Europe and communicate in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Luxemburg as well as parts of Liechtenstein, northern Italy, east Belgium, and east France.
- German is helpful for doing business in Europe and a large number of non-European countries. Germany is the third-largest industrial nation in the world.
- You will improve your ability to communicate in English. German is part of the same language family.
- You can read original texts written by world-famous German-speaking authors and philosophers and listen to German music.
- German is one of the leading languages of science, philosophy, psychiatry, business, literature, music and art.